Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Thursday 15 November 2012

Dressing for the Festival of Romance

Okay, so I know it is INCREDIBLY shallow to be focussing on dresses and shoes for the Festival which begins tomorrow. But of course, I'm doing just that! I blame my unconscious after all, I woke up this morning and while I was asleep had constructed an entire outfit in my head. That was truly the first thing that entered that very empty area of my anatomy. Sad but true. Blue, I have to let you know is the colour scheme for my day time wear on Saturday. There are some fabulous electric blues around at present especially in H&M and I am working them big time folks! Then for the awards dinner (most exciting, I have been shortlisted although my money's on one of my fellow shortlisters to win the award - it would be telling to say who though) I have a most gorgeous monsoon dress in cream. I can finally get into this after many years of having it so tight around my ample butt that I looked like a pair of shrink wrapped Granny Smiths. Not a good look. On more important matters, my flyers STILL haven't arrived but I do have oodles of business cards thank heaven. I also have biscuits shortly being delivered which have dinky little toppers which are pieces of rice paper with the cover of my book The Sanctuary embossed on them. They too have not quite arrived yet but I'm sure they will (crossed fingers and toes) shortly. Until then, quite frankly I am a nervous wreck, just hoping it's all going to be okay. Whatever, I'm sure we and the readers who join us will have loads of fun. So, come to sunny Bedford this weekend and chat about writing romance! Hope to see you there.

5 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

Bedford's rather far for me but enjoy yourself, whether you win or not - and post a picture of yourself in your lovely cream dress. Good luck!

Cara Cooper said...

Thank you Wendy. We'll see you at other events I'm sure. Are you a member of the Romantic Novelists Assocition? They have things all over the country.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Have a wonderful time, Cara - I love your dress and the blue one on FB! I really wish I was going too. Best of luck with your nomination.

Rosie Hendry said...

What a beautiful dress, Cara and you'll look gorgeous in it. Will be supporting you in spirit at the F of R - and will aim to go next year. Look forward to hearing all about it next week.

Cara Cooper said...

Guess what, I left the naffing cream dress behind in a suit carrier, hanging on the wardrobe. Massive meltdown on arrival at venue, tears etc, resolved by mega-quick purchase of new dress. Ho hum.....